Sunday, November 6, 2011

A really, really tall man (he plays guitar)

I wanted to write a review on a gig that I went to. (The Tallest Man on Earth @ The Corner Hotel 25.10.2011) (And no, he is not LITERALLY the tallest man on earth - unfortunately. He's a small Swedish man named Kristian Matsson)

But I couldn't put into words the amazingness of the gig. It was one of those concerts, that rarely happens, where the crowd was simply mesmerised by his songsmanship - occasionally there would be singing from the crowd, rounds of applause, witty banter, but mostly, the crowd was just fixated on the emotional and stunning songs that he is able to project.
And when you see 'one of those gigs' you know you're watching something special - that despite the technical problems, and a hilarious drunk Scotsman - the whole crowd was captured in the moment.
I had whole body shivers at various points throughout and one of my friends who also was lucky enough to be there, said he nearly cried. A song called the 'King of Spain' had the audience joyfully singing along and even dancing, before a haunting song with a female (who I've read is his partner) silenced the crowd in wonderment. It was beautiful.
I can't say any more - I can only let you watch, let you discover and let you see it for yourself. This video does not even begin to show how amazing he was.



Do yourself a favour - listen to his music and jump at the next opportunity you get to see him. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment